Kevin Lunny has owned and operated the Drakes Bay Oyster Company in a Pacific inlet north of San Francisco since 2005. This winter, an 80-year tradition of shellfish farming in the estuary came to an end when the National Park Service shut Drakes Bay down, claiming the company was a “heavy industry that imperiled the park’s wildlife.” While some environmentalists say “good government prevailed,” an investigation by Newsweek found that the science-as-evidence used to close down Lunny’s farm was either altered or bad. — Newseek via @CivilEats
- 08-05-16: NPT Anti-Ranch Activists Use Familiar Playbook
- 8-1-16 Bipartisan request to NPS Jarvis : What Are You Doing About Sexual Harassment And Misconduct?
- 08-01-16 Laura Watt’s Book available now: The Paradox of Preservation: Wilderness & Working Landscapes at PRNS
- 7-28-16 House Committee on Oversight demands unredacted reports re sexual harassment from NPS Dir Jon Jarvis
- 07-27-16 PEER: Jarvis Been Asked to Remain but #2, a woman, OUT
- 07-04-16 SFExaminer: NPS protects the wilderness. But who will protect integrity — and women — from the Park Service?
- 07-01-16 Sen. Murkowski Urges Park Service to Hire Alaskans
- 07-02-16 Washington Post: Lawmakers charge Park Service chief oversees a culture of sexual harassment
- 5-21-16 Petition to Fire NPS Dir Jon Jarvis
- 5-23-16 NPT Congressman Asks for NPS Dir Jarvis’s Resignation
Oyster Zone QR
01-24-15 ProPublica: Bad science from the Park Service
Posted in Articles & Letters
Tagged Administrative Misconduct, Alice Waters, Brent Stewart, California, California Oysters, Chez Panisse, concealment, Congressional Hearings, conspiracy, controversy, corruption, deceit, deception, Dianne Feinstein, Director’s Order #47, DOI, DOI IG, DOI Inspector General, DOI OIG, DOI Policy, DOI SIO, Don Neubacher, Dr. Ben Becker, Dr. Corey Goodman, Dr. Goodman, Dr. Sarah Allen, Drake, Drakes, Drakes Bay, Drakes Bay Oyster Company, Drakes Bay Oyster Farm, Drakes Bay Oyster Farm Closing, Drakes Bay Oyster Farm Drakes Estero, EAC, ENVIRON, Environmental Action Committee, environmental impact, Estero, falsification, Feinstein, Fight, fraud, Goodman, Hayes Street Grille, Hunger Strike, investigate, Jon Jarvis, Lunny, Lunnys, Machlis, major impact, Marin County, Marin County Agricultural Commissioner, Marin County Board Of Supervisors, Mary Kendall, Michael Ames, moderate impact, Moregenweck, National Park Service, Newsweek, noise, NPS, NPS DEIS, NPS Management policy, NPS SIO, OIG, oyster, oyster boat, oyster boats, oyster farm, oyster farming, Oyster Shell Game, oyster tumbler, oysters, Point Reyes, Point Reyes National Seashore, PORE 004, PRAYER VIGIL, PRNS, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act [of 1970], RICO, Scientific and Scholarly Conduct, Scientific Integrity Officer, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar, Senator Feinstein, Shell Game, SOI, soundscape, Stacy Carlsen, Steve Kinsey, TBOC, The Oyster Shell Game, Tomales Bay Oyster Company, violation, VOLPE, West Marin; Vigil
Posted by Jane Gyorgy on January 24, 2015