12-06-2012 Below is my original, full response, to the letter to the editor which appeared in both local weekly papers titled “A Time for Peace”, (West Marin Citizen, and Pulitzer Prize winning Point Reyes Light letter to the editor, November 29, 2012)
The signatories [of that letter] must remember: “In order to have peace, one must work for justice.” 85 to 90% of us know the so-called “side that did not prevail” has not seen justice and must seek justice through Congress and the Courts – a right and duty we own as citizens of this country.
They want Marin County Board of Supervisor Steve Kinsey to represent both sides when the science, the data, and the truth, are omitted by the opposition? Then, when called on it, they proceed to defame the character of anyone who disagrees, and continue to manufacture and promulgate falsehoods, and we should all “reconcile” ourselves to Salazar’s decision?
- In that case, I suppose
- the founders of this country should have “reconciled” themselves to England’s rule over us;
- Lincoln should have “reconciled” himself to the segregationists
- the Suffragettes should have “reconciled” themselves to their lot in life, gone home, donned their aprons and gotten back to their housework
- and Roe should have “reconciled” herself to her pregnancy and had the baby
- They mention the damage “it” has done and want there to be a reconciliation
- “to cause to accept or to be resigned to something not desired (as to his/her fate)
- or to win over to friendliness, cause to become amicable”)
- but fail to recognize 85 to 90% of us (West Marinites and Marinites by all polls taken) are for the continuation of the farm.
Who is causing the damage to the community by insisting that 85 to 90% of us shut up and take it?
Point Reyes Station