I’VE RECEIVED SOME QUESTIONS REGARDING TONIGHT’S PROCEEDINGS.
HERE IS WHAT I FOUND OUT:
* The Vitter amendment, this afternoon, was filed to the Senate version of the budget (presently on the floor, the pending order of business).
* The House already adopted (Ryan) budget.
* Once Senate acts (passes the bill), the House and Senate must reconcile their bills.
* Whether or not they can – unknown.
* The Vitter amendment may or may not be considered (there were some 400 amendments filed – probably 15-20, maybe 30 will actually be considered).
* What’s significant, regardless what happens, there is now a bi-partisan Senate effort to override the Secretary’s decision.
* Vitter comes from one of the largest shellfish producing states. He is aware that the false science manufactured by NPS has ALREADY migrated to Southern states – and is now showing up in regulatory proceedings.
We should know something by dawn – Senate’s supposed to be nearly all night.